The role as Deputy VP of Human Resources – Compensation and Benefits will be responsible for the analysis of compensation and benefits programs in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the organization’s compensation and benefit practices.
This individual will maintain employee benefit programs by evaluating, recommending, and administering the programs. The ultimate goal of this role is to support sustaining a high performing culture that attracts, motivates, retains and rewards employees.
Reporting to the VP of HR and will be located in Hong Kong
Position: Deputy VP Of Human Resources (Compensation & Benefits )
This role shall leads the compensation function, collaborating with senior management to evaluate and create the strategic direction, design concepts and build support for fact/data driven rationale for implementation.
Provides analysis and plan design, in conjunction with both internal and external resources costs and alternatives that are detailed and comprehensive yet easily understood by executives.
Develops and maintains compensation program including; pay philosophy, executive compensation, sales commissions, base pay, merit pay increases, bonus, incentive, equity and other reward programs.
Implements & oversees compensation process and market-based job evaluation system, job family and title organization structuring, as well as create a process of ongoing market review based on industry standards.
Plans and directs implementation and administration of employee benefit programs such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement, and other plans.
Analyzes and evaluates services, coverage, and options available to determine programs best meeting needs of organization.
Provides vision, leadership, direction, oversight and support of Human Resource Information Systems.
Serve as first point of contact for data requests to collect, compile, and deliver data from a variety of database sources for compliance and institutional reporting purposes.
Partners with and advises benefits consultants/brokers in the negotiation of contracts with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors, and consultants for services, premiums, and plan administration.
Reviews and determines benefit plan changes and presents to organizational leaders HR management.
Audits benefit plans for compliance with government regulations.
Maintains knowledge of and analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations.
Maintains benefits experience for cost-control and risk-assessment factors.
Develops, recommends, and monitors budget allocations for employee benefits.
Lead, develop, and motivate Benefit team to execute and elevate the Benefit Programs across the organization.
- Leadership: Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to team members, set expectations, evaluate employee performance and provide recognition for results. Delegate responsibilities appropriately to each person on their team.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change.
- Communication Skills – Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively, comfortable with public speaking.
- Professionalism – Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives: Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or Business required.
- Minimum 7 years’ work experience leading the employee benefits and/or compensation functions of a human resources team in hospitality or service apartment sectors
- At least 5 years’ experience managing and leading a team.
- Must be a self-starter, team player, and able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Proven success leading and driving complex initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate with executive management.
- Strong organizational skills, concise documentation skills, and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A proactive, high energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Interested applicants please email your detailed resume with recent photo and state current and expected salary to email@example.com
Only shortlisted will be notified, we do not entertain call